Saturday, November 14, 2009

Best in Show


Atonement




Grey Gardens




Annie Hall



Breakfast at Tiffanys



The Devil Wears Prada



Rear Window


The Seven Year Itch


Sex in the City

Xanadu


Grease


Bonnie and Clyde

Without a doubt, fashion on film is a huge influence in our lives. I can remember the moment when watching Grease for the first time and watching Sandy appear after her Frenchie makeover, in the all black leather combo, and desperately wanting a black leather jacket. Or 'that' green dress Kiera Knightley wore in Atonement. Or the crazy boho frilly look sported by Olivia Newton John in Xanadu (yes, Olivia was a huge influence for me in the 70s and 80s). And possibly the most recognised image from film is the Marilyn Monroe white dress in The Seven Year Itch. So above are some of my all time favourite fashion moments on film, I had plenty more but I had to stop somewhere. Enjoy and have a great weekendx

4 comments:

Aisling Smith said...

I so love that green dress x

S and O said...

I ADORE Keira's green dress! My heart skipped a beat when I saw it in the movie!
Newton John was just the cutest in that movie!!!
Olivia :)

debra@dustjacket said...

I love all your top pick's there, just fabulous.
xxx

Unknown said...

I love all of them, great picks, thanks for sharing :)